The Business Operations of the TMJ Group in New Orleans
Co-founded with fellow medical residents Logan Trotter and Aaron Motwani, The TMJ Group was one of Tarun Jolly, M.D.’s early business enterprises. The TMJ Group focuses on bringing innovative dining and entertainment experiences to patrons in the Greater New Orleans area and currently operates three prominent brands: The Halal Guys, Willie’s Chicken Shack, and Margaritaville.
TMJ Group Business Ventures
With a range of business experience in the healthcare industry, Jolly and his partners recognized the potential of utilizing their expertise building client-focused practices to expand into the hospitality industry. Under the hood of The TMJ Group, they now operate restaurants and themed-dining experiences across Greater New Orleans, including:
- The Halal Guys: A Middle-Eastern casual dining place showcasing a traditional menu with an American twist. Their specialties include grab-and-go sandwiches and dishes served over rice, featuring beef gyro and chicken.
- Margaritaville: An island-themed restaurant and dining adventure inspired by Jimmy Buffet’s famous lyrics. The menu bursts with classic dishes such as burgers and fajitas, complemented by a drink menu that sends guests searching for their shaker of salt.
- Willie’s Chicken Shack: An on-the-go restaurant founded in New Orleans that serves southern classics such as fried chicken and house-made biscuits. Besides southern cooking, they also specialize in New Orleans frozen daiquiris and hurricanes.
TMJ Group in the News
- How Shreveport Made the Cut for The Halal Guys
- Gambit’s 2018 Summer Restaurant Guide
- First Look: The Halal Guys Bring Middle Eastern Menu to Baton Rouge
- The Halal Guys Is Bringing Late-night Chicken Rice to Freret in February
- Out-of-state Restaurants Join McHardy’s, Willie Mae’s, and Other Local Favs for Fried Chicken Fest